Once a year, Zenwalk Current is considered stable enough for a "milestone" release, here's Zenwalk 15 milestone 2020.
Based on Slackware Current July 2020, Zenwalk 15 milestone 2020 is fully compatible.
As usual, the goal is to provide fast simple setup, refined desktop, selection of the best apps, ease of use, with full respect of the Slackware philosophy.
The news are :
- New XFCE desktop based on the latest XFCE 4.14+ with many tweaks providing the widest possible workspace for modern full HD displays
- Introduction of Flatpak support for installing any application from Flathub or Gnome Desktop
- New rewritten Netpkg package manager for instant access to thousand of packages from the Slackware community, and keep the system up to date with one liner command
- PAM authentication system thanks to upstream
- Kernel 5.4.50
- Improved SBC XQ codec in Pulseaudio providing APTX-HQ like high-fidelity music quality
- Chromium Web browser v83.0.4103.61 , intensively used for "everything it can do" : Web browsing, Chromecast streaming, Webapps, Webmail, PDF viewing, image viewing, etc ..."
The ISO image setup is intended to be launched from a USB stick (see the SlackWiki for some tips).
First downloads are here :
- zenwalk-current-15.0-200703a.iso (direct download, MD5)
- fcadf507f53372fe2ce24c44934dda3f6dbae2d1 (torrent)
You can consult the full Changelog for more information. See also announcements and other stories in the BLOG section.
As usual : donations and contributions of any kind go to Patrick Volkerding. Zenwalk remains non profit.