Zenwalk Gnome 6.0 is out!
We are proud to announce the release of Zenwalk 6.0 Gnome Edition! As always, Zenwalk features the latest Linux technology, featuring Linux kernel 126.96.36.199 and the Gnome 2.26.0 Desktop Environment.
The Gnome 2.26.0 desktop includes a number of new features; a tabbed interface in nautilus, DVD-video creation capabilities in Brasero, Totem comes with youtube, jamendo and BBC plugins enabled by default, better support for multiple monitors and much more.
One of the main changes over previous Zenwalk releases, is the inclusion of a lightweight and optimized version of OpenOffice.org 3.0.1, replacing abiword and gnumeric. Included OpenOffice.org modules are Writer, Calc, Impress and Draw, while Math, Database and Java support are provided as a downloadable addon with the openoffice-extra package.
Other significant changes in this release are:
- Faster boot (tuned init scripts, with realtime I/O scheduler)
- New Zenpanel with integrated Disk Manager, Wifi and Wired Network Manager
- Gksu keyring based desktop granting system
- PAM authentication has been added to the system
- New Netpkg with orphan dependencies and "offline operation" support
- The powerful Exaile music jukebox has been added
- Gthumb has replaced gqview and gtkam for viewing images and importing them from your camera
- The lighting PIM extension for icedove is installed by default
- New artwork
- A simplified installer
As usual, Zenwalk Gnome 6.0 comes with a complete programming environment and libraries to provide an ideal platform for application programmers, all included in a "single CD" iso.
We hope you will enjoy using this release! Have fun,