Zenwalk Live version (ZenLive) 7.0 has been released!
We are happy to announce the highly awaited Zenwalk Live 7.0, which will
allow more people to try out Zenwalk without having to install it first.
Zenwalk Live 7.0 is based on the sophisticated Slackware-Live-Scripts,
being the first distribution using the brand new and not yet
official released version 0.3.3
Zenwalk Live consists of standard Zenwalk ISO packages following the main
Zenwalk release with the latest XFCE desktop and applications
and is shipped with a new artwork theme, additional localization
packages for icecat/icedove and the nvidia proprietary driver.
It also comes with full support for inputing and displaying Japanese.
You'll get the latest stable version software incl. the most recent
patches and bugfixes that have been released until now.
It comes equipped with a "live" kernel patched to support aufs2,
lzma compressed squashfs 4.0, bfs-scheduler and bootsplash.
With ZenLive 7.0 the "persistent changes" feature is back.
Also with this release local hard disc drives can now be mounted as
normal user whitout the need of suing to root.
It's possible to install the running Live-system to the hard disc drive
or even transfer the live-CD into a bootable USB stick by using the
included installer scripts.
Supported boot parameters for ZenLive 7.0 are:
- copy2ram=yes (to copy live-environment into the RAM and run from there)
- exclude=MODULE_NAME.lzm (to exclude a non optional module from beeing
- home=PATH_TO_STORAGE (to store persistent changes onto a local drive or
- include=nvidia-new-driver.lzm (to load optional nvidia-driver module)
- keymap=xx (to use this keyboard layout)
- locale=xx.UTF-8 (to use this language)
- rootpw=PASSWORD (to set individual root password and enabling root
- runlevel=x (to boot into Runlevel x instead of standard RL4 with Xorg)
- sli=yes|no (to have the installer script available/unavailable during
the live session)
- useswap=yes|no (to enable or disable the usage of local swap
partition/file if found on the system)
In order to improve security and due to the fact that people was
complaining about the old default root password
the root account is now *disabled* per default for the graphical boot
Users are required to utilize the new introduced "rootpw=" boot parameter
(without the quotes) to setup their individual
root password. This is necessary if you would like to install the live
cd or otherwise need access to features that are restricted to root only.
However the old root password (ZenLive) is still available when choosing
"text mode" boot option, but can be overridden by the rootpw= parameter
The default unprivileged user account also has been changed to
"liveuser" (instead of "one") with an empty password.
Please read ABOUT in the root of the live-CD for more information.
Download link :
Thanks to all the users that helped testing!